"An accomplished Fractional Controller seamlessly fills the gap between the limitations in accounting capabilities of a bookkeeper and the strategic leadership of a CFO. While these roles are within the same CFO suite, the skill sets that set them apart are quite different." -John Frank, CEO of Third Road Management
The Third Road Management Advantage
The Mid-Sized Organization Controller Hiring Trap
- Organization recognizes that its bookkeeper has been stretched beyond his/her accounting abilities.
- Conducts a search to find a full-time controller.
- Realizes that accomplished controller candidates are difficult to attract.
- Organization hires an average controller.
- Missed expectations lead to continued issues and high turnover costs.
Does this sound familiar?
If so, Third Road Management is uniquely positioned to solve this problem because we employ accomplished controllers who excel at leading across multiple mid-sized organizations.
What are a Fractional Controller's Responsibilities?
- Cleanliness and Integrity of Financial Results
- Monthly Closings (including accruals and journal entries)
- Prepare Monthly Financial Reporting Package
- Manages Job Costing
- Maintains Meaningful Chart of Accounts
- Manage and Train Bookkeepers
- Pays Sales Tax
- Assists with Audit & Tax Preparation
- Manages Collections
- Approves Disbursements